- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- Events calendar
Pratt's Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator throws open doors to hundreds of guests, wide media attentionSubmitted by admin on November 15, 2014 - 1:58pm
Our member the Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator, a project of the Pratt institute, held a grand opening attended by more than 500 guests, and gained wide attention by local and fashion-oriented media:
- Racked, a retail-oriented website/blog;
- Public radio station WNYC;
- DNAInfo, a site that covers neighborhood news;
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle, a community newspaper.
Created on the 7th floor of the building formerly occupied by Pfizer's Brooklyn manufacturing plant, which is being redeveloped to house a range of specialty-foods and other artisanal manufacturers, the BF+DA provides space and mentoring services for fashion entrepreneurs, as well as automated knitting machines that allow fashion startups to produce buyer samples on very rapid turnaround.
Latest group of START-UP NY approvals includes several companies collocating with our member incubatorsSubmitted by admin on November 15, 2014 - 1:39pm
The latest batch of companies approved for tax-free status under the state's START-UP NY program includes several that will collocate with our member incubators. Several approved campus-based START-UP NY Zones include space inside incubator buildings. You can search our member database by this or other important attributes here. According to the latest announcement from Empire State Development, growing companies approved for tax-free status while residing at our member incubators include:
- You First Services Inc., to locate new jobs at the UB Technology Incubator in Baird Research Park;
- ZeptoMetrix Corporation, to locate new jobs at the Innovation Center Annex at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
- EHR Console, Inc.; Innovimune Biotherapeutics Holdings, LLC; and CMP Scientific Corp., all to locate new jobs at the SUNY Downstate Advanced Biotechnology Incubator;
- PharmAdva, LLC, to locate new jobs at the Lennox Tech Enterprise Center of High Tech Rochester, which is an affiliate of the University of Rochester (see also HTR's news release);
- Saniteq, to locate new jobs at the Advanced Energy Research and Technology Center which also houses companies in the Stony Brook Incubator Programs.
The news release does not specify physical location in every case, and it is possible that the number of collocations is actually higher than this.
We are proud of the role that our member incubators are playing in providing space and university connectivity to growing companies approved under the START-UP NY program.
Fredonia Technology Incubator receives second major grant from the Oishei Foundation, targeting arts/technology interactionSubmitted by admin on November 6, 2014 - 4:13pm
The SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator has received a $300,000 grant from the John R. Oishei Foundation. The grant — the second made by the Buffalo-based foundation to the incubator situated in Dunkirk — will help the incubator promote the interaction between campus programs in the creative arts and the technology startups in the incubator. For more, please read the university's news release.
New York Medical College holds grand opening for new BioInc@NYMC wet-lab incubator in Westchester CountySubmitted by admin on October 31, 2014 - 9:58am
The incubator, designated a priority project by the Mid-Hudson Regional Economic Development Council, is the only incubator in the region that is collcoated with a health-science university campus. The NYMC campus adjoins the Westchester Medical Center and several county operations, including the county forensic and public-health laboratory. BioInc@NYMC shares space with a workforce training center operated by SUNY Westchester Community College.
For more information, see the NYMC news release. Video of the opening ceremony is embedded below after the break.Read more
Research Network Blog of NYS SBDC
- Happy Thanksgiving! Here are 11 Things you didn't know about Thanksgiving
- 10 Marketing Predictions for 2015 (Infographic)
- How to Answer the Age-Old Question, 'What Has Marketing Done for Us Lately?'
- #DineSmall on Small Business Saturday Night
- WEBINAR: SBA and the U.S. Postal Service Present: The Power of Direct Mail