- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
Submitted by admin on May 14, 2013 - 3:12pm
Two tenants at our supporting member SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator have launched RocketHub crowdfunding campaigns:
- The Center for Sports Skills Measurement, which operates a network of certified testing centers in several popular sports, is seeking backing for a national testing tour aimed at young athletes; and
- AVtick, a newly admitted company founded by a WNY entrepreneur with speech and hearing disabilities, seeks backing for an iPhone application focused on audio- and voice-based social media and networking.
SUNY Fredonia incubator attracts 300 to open house, announces $100,000 grant arranged by state Sen. YoungSubmitted by admin on April 29, 2013 - 8:00am
Up to 300 local businesspeople and community stakeholders attended the first annual open house held by our supporting member the SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator, an event in trade-show format celebrating jobs growth among the incubator's existing tenants and initial graduates.
The campus also announced a $100,000 operating grant designated for the incubator in the current-year state budget, arranged by state Senator Catherine M. Young (R,C,I - 57th District). In the course of her visit to announce the operating grant, Senator Young spent considerable time with the incubator's tenants. A photo of her visit accompanies the university news release.
Submitted by admin on April 10, 2013 - 10:27am
ThinkEco, a company developing energy-saving smart outlets, and a tenant/client of the NYSERDA-sponosred NYC ACRE clean-energy incubator at NYU-Poly, was named 2013 Outstanding Incubator Graduate in the technology category at the internaitonal conference of the National Business Incubation Association. ThinkEco's "Modlet" allows consumers and utilities to monitor electricity usage and provide "demand response" services in the cloud. For more information, please see the attached news release from ThinkEco.
Submitted by admin on April 7, 2013 - 4:38pm
Tactonic Technologies, a developer of multitouch sensors that can reach room size, and a tenant of our member the NY Designs incubator at LaGuardia Community College, was highlighted by the business show Marketplace on public radio. Embedded audio after the break.Read more
News from our members' blogs
Facebook feeds from our members
Research Network Blog of NYS SBDC
- Kaye Stone-Gansz, Stone Goose Enterprises: NYS SBDC Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
- Employers: ONLY use new Form I-9 for new employee verification
- Roger and Shelley Gray, Center Line Studios: NYS SBDC Phoenix Award winner
- Weather Expert Offers 2013 Hurricane Season Forecast During SBA/Agility Webinar
- Why I Love the National Internet Sales Tax Plan