- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
News about our members, General association news, News about tenant/clients, News about federal/state policy, People
Submitted by admin on June 30, 2015 - 9:58am
The NYSERDA-supported Clean Energy Business Incubator Program (CEBIP) at Stony Brook University has released a video (also embedded after the break) narrated by CEBIP director David Hamilton, highlighting the program's goals and structure and including also short statements by some entrepreneurs served by the program.
Separately, CEBIP client ThermoLift, which is developing advanced heat-pump technology, was profiled at InnovateLI. ThermoLift, which occupies incubator space in the university's Advanced Energy Research and Technology Center at the R&D Park, is an excellent example of CEBIP's targeting of startups with physical products rather than apps or software.Read more
Tech Garden will manage $3m data-oriented accelerator, latest in series of public-private investment pools aimed at generating and de-risking startupsSubmitted by admin on June 21, 2015 - 2:01pm
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that The Tech Garden, a 10-year-old, multifaceted incubator program in downtown Syracuse that is one of our founding members, will manage a $3 million business accelerator competition aimed at startups with a focus on big data analyatics, cybersecurity, and data-driven manufacturing. For more details, see Gov. Cuomo's news release.
The accelerator, named GENIUS NY (for Growing ENtrepreneurs & Innovators in UpState NY), is the latest in a series of innovative programs at The Tech Garden that deploy a mixture of public and private funding to generate and de-risk investment opportunties for angel and VC funds both in the Central New York region and beyond:
- The Cleantech Center, contracted by NYSERDA to incubate clean-energy startups;
- The Germinator, a phased pre-seed investment competition under which the grand winner will gain $250,000 in capital;
- Grants for Growth, a long-standing program of The Tech Garden's parent CenterStateCEO, which will manage a $1.5 million university technology-commercialization fund provided by the NYS Innovation Venture Capital Fund; and
- The ESD-designated Innovation Hot Spot for Central New York, providing entrepreneurial support and tax relief for startups situated at incubators throughout the region.
Together, these programs provide an unmatched resource for entrepreneurial development. We congratulate our member The Tech Garden and look forward to further announcement of matching arrangements with private-sector investors.
Submitted by admin on June 21, 2015 - 12:40pm
The Center, one of our newest members and also part of the Southern Tier Startup Alliance, recently held the grand opening of its new incubator on Court Street in downtown Binghamton. The Center is a program of The Agency (formerly the Broome County IDA). The opening was covered by the Binghamton Press & Sun Bulletin pressconnects website.
Submitted by admin on June 19, 2015 - 9:47pm
The day preceding our 2015 annual meeting, our sponsor the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) convened its first-ever meeting of all the contractors in its incubator, proof-of-concept center, and o