- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
News about our members
News about incubators that are Members or Supporting Members of the BIA/NYS, posted by the member or through the site administrator.
Submitted by admin on September 10, 2013 - 8:24am
The Buffalo News has a fascinating story on three regionally focused home-healthcare startups that have banded together at our member the Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. The independent but highly synergistic businesses that now share a suite at the Innovation Center are:
- Mobile Pharmacy Solutions, founded by graduates of UB's School of Pharmacy. The company intends to compete with national pharmacy chains by offering customized home-delivery services. It moved from a suburban location to the downtown Innovation Center last December, opening a retail storefront and a compounding lab, and boosting its weekly prescription count by about 50% since then;
- Advantage Home Telehealth, which remotely monitors patients' vital signs; and
- Mobile Primary Care, a team of traveling nurse practitioners.
The three are jointly marketing as a network called Mobile HealthCare Connections. Their work strikes us as a prime example of how a local entrepreneurial ecosystem can support the testing and tuning of potentially disruptive business models. The News story is here.
Submitted by admin on September 10, 2013 - 8:00am
Submitted by admin on September 10, 2013 - 7:50am
Submitted by admin on August 31, 2013 - 10:39am
The Rochester BioVenture Center and Lennox Tech Enterprise Center — the two incubators managed by our supporting member High Tech Rochester — were recognized by Entrepreneur magazine as among three "Best Under the Radar Business Incubators." Now they're on the radar! Congratulations to HTR president Jim Senall, who's also pictured in the story.