- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
News about our members
News about incubators that are Members or Supporting Members of the BIA/NYS, posted by the member or through the site administrator.
Submitted by admin on April 16, 2015 - 9:34am
The Southern Tier Startup Alliance, a state-designated, university-affiliated Innovation Hot Spot including five of our member incubators, has taken a separate membership in BIA/NYS in its own right. The BIA/NYS members comprising the Southern Tier Startup Alliance are:
- The Center: Built for Small Business Growth, an incubator in downtown Binghamton
- IncubatorWorks Corning, an incubator managed by the Ceramics Corridors
- The McGovern Family Center for Venture Development in the Life Sciences at Cornell University
- Rev: Ithaca Startup Works, in downtown Ithaca
- The Startup Suites at Binghamton University
We thank all the members for their strong support.
Submitted by admin on March 26, 2015 - 10:28am
Our member The Technology Farm, also known as the Cornell Agriculture and Food Technology Park in Geneva, is searching for new entrepreneurial support staff. Please see attached job description
Submitted by admin on March 26, 2015 - 10:23am
A new 1,400 square-foot coworking space branded as the Innovation Zone will open at the Upstate MedTech Park, in the same building as our member the Bruce A. Holm MedTech Centre incubator. Buildout will be accomplished with a $50,000 grant from National Grid. For more information, please see the attached news release and this presentation.
The Innovation Zone and the MedTech Centre incubator anchor a 34-acre MedTech park in Batavia, situated across the road from SUNY's Genesee Community College, and qualifying as a START-UP NY tax-free zone.
The park sponsor Genesee County Economic Development Center is also partnered with two state-designated regional Innovation Hot Spots (WNY and Finger Lakes) that may grant other kinds of tax relief and provide a network of entrepreneurial support at other incubators.
Albany Medical College's Biomedical Accelerator and Commercialization Center holds ceremony, plans June openingSubmitted by admin on March 25, 2015 - 7:35pm
The Biomedical Accelerator and Commercialization Center (BACC) at Albany Medical College held an opening ceremony and plans to open the physical space for up to 10 companies by June. The site is also recognized under the state's tax-free START-UP NY zone program. For more information, please see the attached news release from AMC and coverage in the Albany Business Review.