- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
News about our members
News about incubators that are Members or Supporting Members of the BIA/NYS, posted by the member or through the site administrator.
Submitted by admin on May 24, 2015 - 2:20pm
The Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus announced acceptance of six new tenants, spanning a range from startups to existing business-service providers focusing on the region's growth economy:
- Buffalo Rising, Inc., a nationally noted "hyperlocal" news site with 3 million annual visitors;
- Campagnolo Bonk PLLC, a CPA firm with a special focus on healthcare providers;
- Pitch + Pivot LLC, a sales and marketing firm;
- theBREWROOM, a digital marketing firm that entered the incubator after being a member of the dig coworking space (see further below);
- The Synergy Group, a consulting firm specializing in work/life strategy;
- Triple Track HR Partners, an HR consulting firm.
For more information, please see attached news release.
- 75 resident startups in a traditional incubator floor and other space available for lease on short, flexible terms;
- Multiple graduations into larger space elsewhere on campus or in the city;
- Creation of "dig" (short for design innovation garage), a coworking space owned and operated by the BNMC itself;
- Expansion of the incubator into additional space in two other buildings on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus property;
- Integration of other local activities such as the 43North business plan comeptiton and the Z80 private incubator/investment fund;
- Creation of "Ignite," a program of business development services available to tenants across the campus.
For more information, see the article.
Calverton Incubator introduces local food startups, users of the incubator's pilot production lines, to major food distributorsSubmitted by admin on May 24, 2015 - 1:51pm
The Calverton Business Incubator, part of Stony Brook University's incubator program, held a showcase introducing major food distributors to the local specialty food manufacturers that are using pilot production facilities at the incubator's Agriculture and Consumer Sciences wing to test and develop new products. Please see coverage at Riverhead Local, InnovateLI, and Edible East End. Food startups are emerging nationwide as an important investment category.
Submitted by admin on May 24, 2015 - 1:41pm
- Euphony, Inc., developing text-to-speech synthesis for speech therapy applications;
- Life Source Health, Inc., offering real-time vital health information to emergency responders;
- Sarita's, a sister company to a local food truck, expanding to a line available through grocery stores;
- Trainer Engine, a software platform for trainers to manage their clients;
- Volu, Inc., a volunteer-engagment platform for non-profits and their volunteers; and
- VossVertical, creating technology to expand the distance and endurance of unmanned aerial (including drones).
Each entrant received a $10,000 initial investment and will compete over the course of the coming two years for additional tranches of investment. The grand winner will have received $250,000 in investment over hte course of the program. For more information, see the CenterState CEO news release.
Board Vitals joins NYU's Varick Street incubator as first company approved under NYU's START-UP NY tax-free zoneSubmitted by admin on May 8, 2015 - 1:04pm
Board Vitals, an online medical education company, has joined NYU's Varick Street incubator as the first company under the university's state-approved START-UP NY tax-free zone, according to a news release by NYU's Polytechnic School of Engineering. NYU's approved START-UP NY zone includes space in all three incubator