- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Buffalo News recognizes role of UB incubators and the BNMC in growing cluster of biomedical startupsSubmitted by admin on January 28, 2015 - 7:55am
In a survey of Buffalo's growing cluster of bioscience startups — as many as 275 at all stages of development in life scieces, biotechnology and medical technology — The Buffalo News recognizes several especially promising companies, several of which are tenant/clients of our supporting member SUNY's University at Buffalo:
- Currently at the UB Technology Incubator: AccuTheranostics and Nupur Technologies
- Set shortly to move into the UB Biosciences Incubator: Sinapis Pharma
Nearly all the other companies on the News's list are situated in institutional buildings or standalone commercial structures on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC), a rapidly growing downtown research park, which is also one of our members, on behalf of its Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center. The Innovation Center incubator was recognized as home to Everon Technologies.
The full article is here.
Submitted by admin on January 25, 2015 - 4:18pm
Three initial tenants have joined the BioInc@NYMC incubator, according to coverage in the Mid Hudson News linked on the college's website. The three initial entrants are: Conversion Energy Enterprises, which develops medical lasers; MB Group USA, which produces food sweeteners tailored to specific medical needs; and MOE Medical Devices, developer of therapeutics based on cold electrical plasmas. More local media coverage here.
Submitted by admin on January 25, 2015 - 4:04pm
Swipe to Spin — a tenant of The Tech Garden incubator that sells technology to enable 360-degree product views on websites — is on a "hiring spree," according to coverage on the Syracuse Post-Standard's syracuse.com website.
The story recounts how adding a new market in auto dealerships has enabled the company to quadruple its workforce to 25 over the last several months, and to plan adding 50 more jobs by the end of 2015. Although the company maintains a four-person office in New York City, 95 percent of the new jobs will be created in Central New York, where the founders are from, and the company has no plans to relocate. For the full story, read here.
NYU's Polytechnic School of Engineering recaps graduations, funding events, and acquisitions for 2014 at all three incubator sitesSubmitted by admin on January 25, 2015 - 3:44pm
Graduations, funding rounds and acquisitions are the focus of a 2014 review of incubator operations released by NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering. The news release highlights the following developments at all three incubator sites (Varick Street, DUMBO, and the Urban Future Lab at MetroTech Center, which houses the NYC ACRE incubator):
- $87.7 million in company revenue at both resident and graduated companies;
- acquisitions of TapCommerce (by Twitter) and FileMobile (by Newzulu), bringing the number of acquisitions to eight;
- graduations of CourseHorse, Vettery, Two Lines and a Dot, and KISI;
- rapid growth by 2013 graduate Bounce Exchange, which now rents 30,000 square feet in Times Square; and
- funds coming to incubator companies from competitions, crowd-funding campaigns, and the federal SBIR program.
The full report is here.