- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Submitted by admin on July 29, 2015 - 2:19pm
Continuing a review of companies being incubated by the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Business Incubator Program (CEBIP) at Stony Brook University, InnovateLI profiled startup Bonded Energy Solutions.
The company brings sensor-controlled heating zones and other technological improvements to conventional steam-heat systems. Its system is being tested and validated in a Bronx apartment building in a trial managed by the New York State Pollution Prevention Institute at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Submitted by admin on July 29, 2015 - 2:05pm
Our founding member The Tech Garden, which turned an abandoned parking garage in downtown Syracuse into a hub of innovation and entrepreneurship for the entire Central New York Region, recently marked its 10th anniversary with a daylong celebration.
Events included a pitch contest managed by LaunchNY; a food-truck rodeo on streets surrounding The Tech Garden; a tour of the emerging "innovation district" (tech corridor) anchored by the incubator and its recent expansion into the AXA Towers; and a gala dinner. Here is a recap of media coverage:
- the official news release from CenterState CEO, recognizing a range of partners and sponsors;
- a highly praising editorial appearing on the Post Standard's syracuse.com website recognizing that "[b]eyond creating companies and jobs, The Tech Garden has created an entrepreneurial ecosystem that supports startups and accelerates growth";
- additional event coverage at public radio stations WAER (Syracuse) and WRVO (Oswego);
- a Tech Garden news release on the pitch contest, and special coverage by the Southern Tier Startup Alliance of the first prize awarded to Maidbot of Ithaca.
As we have previously noted, the presence of The Tech Garden has helped aggregate for Central New York a series of entrepreneurial resources including a state-designated Innovation Hot Spot; a NYSERDA-sponsored clean-energy incubator (the Cleantech Center); a university technology commercialization fund financed by the NYS Innovation Venture Capital Fund; a pre-seed investment competition (the Germinator); an a state-funded business accelerator (GENIUS NY) focusing on data analytics.
Submitted by admin on July 27, 2015 - 8:14am
Among the 12 companies approved most recently for the START-UP NY tax-free zones, five will collocate with our member incubators:
- At the Thomas Beecher Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC):
- Bodhi Seven Corporation, an online marketplace
- At the Varick Street incubator operated by NYU's Polytechnic Schol of Engineering:
- Avanan Inc., a cloud security developer
- Geometric Intelligence, an artificial intelligence company
- At the SUNY Downstate Advanced Biotechnology Incubator:
- Urgent Consult Inc., a cloud-based platform for medical referrals
- At the Long Island High Technology Incubator, flagship of the Stony Brook University incubator program:
- PhD Skin Care, LLC, a dermatology R&D company relocating from California
For more information, see the news release from Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office.
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2015 - 4:20pm