- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Submitted by admin on November 14, 2013 - 12:58pm
HEVO Power, a client of the NYSERDA-sponsored NYC ACRE clean-energy incubator operated by NYU-Poly, was one of four regional winners at the Cleantech Open Northeast business-plan contest. The developer of wireless charging stations for electric vehicles took a $20,000 prize and will advance to the $200,000 national competition. For more information, see NYC ACRE's November newsletter, the Cleantech Open news release, and previous coverage of HEVO on our website.
State Senate committee hearings on video gaming and cybersecurity industries focus on our member incubatorsSubmitted by admin on October 30, 2013 - 9:18am
In a series of hearings around the state, the new state Senate Select Committee on Science, Technology, Incubation and Entrepreneurship chaired by Sen. Martin Golden (R,C,I - Brooklyn) is touching several of our member incubators.
In its first set of hearings on the video-game industry, the committee held:
- a downstate session at NYU-Poly — where the panel of witnesses included Micah Kotch, director of our member NYU-Poly's incubator programs;
- an upstate session at Rochester Institute of Technology — where the panel included founders of Darkwind Media, a game-development company founded at our member the Venture Creations incubator at RIT.
Video records of the testimony are available at those links.
McGovern Center incubator at Cornell's Ithaca campus will help ArcScan relaunch an ophthalmic diagnostic instrument developed at the Weill Medical College in NYCSubmitted by admin on October 30, 2013 - 8:33am
A diagnostic instrument for ophthalmic surgeons developed originally at Cornell's Weill Medical College in New York City will be redesigned and relaunched with the assistance of our member McGovern Family Center for Venture Development, a life sciences incubator at the Ithaca campus.
Cornell's news release describes how ArcScan, a Colorado-based company, will create a new business plan and raise capital for the redesigned system with the help of Lou Walcer, director of the McGovern Center.
Long Island media highlight clients of LIHTI, CEBIP and Calverton incubators at Stony Brook UniversitySubmitted by admin on October 27, 2013 - 6:45pm
Local Long Island media recently highiglithed how startups are drawing critical business support from our member incubator program at Stony Brook University:
- The northshoreoflongisland.com website visited the university's flagship Long Island High Technology Incubator, highlighting Plant Genetic Engineering, a startup aimed at modifying plant genes so they could produce their own fertilizer from nitrogen in the atmosphere, and MetaStat, a developer of cancer therapeutics. The story also touched on the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Business Incubator Program that is collocated with several elements of the Stony Brook incubator system.
- Riverhead patch profiled North Fork Chocolate Company, one of the early successes of the Agriculture Consumer Sciences Center that is now part of Stony Brook's Calverton Incubator. The company recently took its sweets, farmstand soups and artisanal breads, all developed and perfected at the incubator's test kitchen, to the local Tanger outlet mall.
Research Network Blog of NYS SBDC
- Pinterest For Business: Don't Let Pinterest Pin You To the Wall
- As Holiday Shopping Season Gets Underway, FTC Reminds Internet Retailers to Ensure Consumers Have Access to Warranty Informatio?n
- 5 Reasons You Need To Give Away The Recipe For Your Secret Sauce
- America's SBDC Biz Blog Listed as Forbes' "100 Best Websites for Entrepreneurs"
- IRS to Employers: Hire Veterans by Dec. 31 and Save on Taxes