- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2015 - 3:56pm
Brimes Energy, a wave-energy startup client at the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Business Incubator Program at Stony Brook University, was profiled at InnovateLI. The company, founded by a serial entrepreneur, has already received seed funding from angel investors and targets applications including desalination.
A video interview by Long Island Business News with company CEO Ram Maramara is here and also embedded after the break.Read more
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2015 - 3:26pm
The Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus announced addition of four new tenants to its new life-science incubator building at 73 High Street. All four leverage the Innovation Center's location at the heart of a rapidly growing medical district and research park:
- Healthcare Hub, a wholesaler of medical supplies, relocated from Tennessee;
- Rehoboth, develping a diagnostic biosensor;
- DeconSure, which is relocating from the United Kingdom, focusing on decontamination and sterilization procedures for hospitals and bioscience manufacturing; and
- Photlitec LLC, a spinoff from the Roswell Park Cancer Institute (also a BNMC resident) that is developing photodynamic cancer therapies.
For more information, see the BNMC news release.
Submitted by admin on May 24, 2015 - 2:20pm
The Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus announced acceptance of six new tenants, spanning a range from startups to existing business-service providers focusing on the region's growth economy:
- Buffalo Rising, Inc., a nationally noted "hyperlocal" news site with 3 million annual visitors;
- Campagnolo Bonk PLLC, a CPA firm with a special focus on healthcare providers;
- Pitch + Pivot LLC, a sales and marketing firm;
- theBREWROOM, a digital marketing firm that entered the incubator after being a member of the dig coworking space (see further below);
- The Synergy Group, a consulting firm specializing in work/life strategy;
- Triple Track HR Partners, an HR consulting firm.
For more information, please see attached news release.
- 75 resident startups in a traditional incubator floor and other space available for lease on short, flexible terms;
- Multiple graduations into larger space elsewhere on campus or in the city;
- Creation of "dig" (short for design innovation garage), a coworking space owned and operated by the BNMC itself;
- Expansion of the incubator into additional space in two other buildings on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus property;
- Integration of other local activities such as the 43North business plan comeptiton and the Z80 private incubator/investment fund;
- Creation of "Ignite," a program of business development services available to tenants across the campus.
For more information, see the article.
Calverton Incubator introduces local food startups, users of the incubator's pilot production lines, to major food distributorsSubmitted by admin on May 24, 2015 - 1:51pm
The Calverton Business Incubator, part of Stony Brook University's incubator program, held a showcase introducing major food distributors to the local specialty food manufacturers that are using pilot production facilities at the incubator's Agriculture and Consumer Sciences wing to test and develop new products. Please see coverage at Riverhead Local, InnovateLI, and Edible East End. Food startups are emerging nationwide as an important investment category.