- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Graphene Labs, tenant/client at Stony Brook's Calverton/CEBIP programs, announces strategic partnership with Lomiko, a Canadian minerals explorerSubmitted by admin on February 15, 2013 - 8:33am
Graphene Laboratories, a tenant at the Calverton Business Incubator and a client of Stony Brook University's NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Business Incubator Program, has entered into a partnership with Lomiko Metals, a Canadian minerals explorer, according to a news release issued by Lomiko and available from both companies.
Graphene Labs is a leading supplier of the advanced material to R&D markets. Graphene is a one-atom thick layer of bonded carbon atoms, thought to be extremely promising for a wide range of industrial and technological applications. Lomiko explores for and mines graphite, among other raw minerals.
Center for Sports Skills Measurement, tenant at SUNY Fredonia incubator, named a Top 100 University Startup by NCET2Submitted by admin on February 14, 2013 - 10:18am
The Center for Sports Skills Measurement & Improvement, a tenant of our supporting member the SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator, has been named a Top 100 University Startup in conjunction with the annual conference of the National Center for Entrepreneurial Tech Transfer. The Center for Sports has been covered previously on our website here. For more information, see the university news release.
Submitted by admin on February 13, 2013 - 1:49pm
- Acquisition of energy-benchmarking firm Ecological by Premier Alliance Group (OTC QB:PIMO). News release here.
- Two awards from the Association of Energy Service Professionals to ThinkEco, developer of the Modlet, an energy-saving smart electric outlet. News release here.
- HB Photo, a new app released by Honest Buildings.
You can find the latest NYC ACRE newsletter here.
Strong industry partnerships take shape for clients of NYSERDA clean-energy incubators affiliated with our membersSubmitted by admin on January 22, 2013 - 3:07pm
Here is a roundup of recent news from clients of the NYSERDA-sponsored clean energy incubators affilated with our member incubators:
- Watt Fuel Cell, a developer of solid oxide fuel cell systems that is client of the Clean Energy Business Incubator Program at our supporting member Stony Brook University Incubator Program, reported a strategic licensing and supply agreement with industrial systems giant Parker Hannifin Corporation, as well as a $100,000 R&D grant from NYSERDA itself. For more information, see the company's news releases
- Sweetwater Energy Inc., a client of the Clean Energy Incubator that is co-managed by our supporting member RIT Venture Creations incubator, announced a 15-year, $100 million deal to place its cellulosic ethanol technology at Front Range Energy's existing corn ethanol plant. Sweetwater also announced a separate deal with Ace Ethanol and was named among the hottest bioenergy and renewable chemical companies by Biofuels Digest. For more, see the company's news releases.
- Tenrehte Technologies, Inc., developer of a smart-grid wireless plug and a graduate of the same RIT Clean Energy Incubator, was featured in the Rochester Business Journal for its strong showing at CES and upcoming appearance at the CeBIT show in Hanover, Germany. For more, see the company's news releases.
All three of these announcements are powerful demonstrations of the role of business incubator programs in connecting innovative startups to strategic partners in the mainstream industrial sectors. Ultimately, it is customer demand that drives investor interest and long-term success, and good incubators know how to make these connections. Congratulations to all!
News from our members' blogs
Facebook feeds from our members
- Upcycled heinz are turned into chandelier for a diner
- Nice story about the progress at Harrison Place in Lockport, NY http://lockpo...
- Friends and Colleagues Bandwagon is competing in a great Future Energy contest!...
- Bigappsnyc 2013
- There will be LOTS of natural light for Trek's manufacturing operations at Harri...
Research Network Blog of NYS SBDC
- Peter DelCotto of The Woodshed, NYS SBDC Veteran Entrepreneur of the Year
- SBA Announces New Initiative with Top Lenders To Help Veterans Become Entrepreneurs
- Jason DiBenedetto and Leo Rentzis of Noble Wood Shavings, NYS SBDC Manufacturer of the Year
- Big push for small businesses
- Kaye Stone-Gansz, Stone Goose Enterprises: NYS SBDC Woman Entrepreneur of the Year