- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2015 - 3:56pm
Brimes Energy, a wave-energy startup client at the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Business Incubator Program at Stony Brook University, was profiled at InnovateLI. The company, founded by a serial entrepreneur, has already received seed funding from angel investors and targets applications including desalination.
A video interview by Long Island Business News with company CEO Ram Maramara is here and also embedded after the break.Read more
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2015 - 3:26pm
The Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus announced addition of four new tenants to its new life-science incubator building at 73 High Street. All four leverage the Innovation Center's location at the heart of a rapidly growing medical district and research park:
- Healthcare Hub, a wholesaler of medical supplies, relocated from Tennessee;
- Rehoboth, develping a diagnostic biosensor;
- DeconSure, which is relocating from the United Kingdom, focusing on decontamination and sterilization procedures for hospitals and bioscience manufacturing; and
- Photlitec LLC, a spinoff from the Roswell Park Cancer Institute (also a BNMC resident) that is developing photodynamic cancer therapies.
For more information, see the BNMC news release.
Submitted by admin on May 24, 2015 - 2:20pm
The Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus announced acceptance of six new tenants, spanning a range from startups to existing business-service providers focusing on the region's growth economy:
- Buffalo Rising, Inc., a nationally noted "hyperlocal" news site with 3 million annual visitors;
- Campagnolo Bonk PLLC, a CPA firm with a special focus on healthcare providers;
- Pitch + Pivot LLC, a sales and marketing firm;
- theBREWROOM, a digital marketing firm that entered the incubator after being a member of the dig coworking space (see further below);
- The Synergy Group, a consulting firm specializing in work/life strategy;
- Triple Track HR Partners, an HR consulting firm.
For more information, please see attached news release.
- 75 resident startups in a traditional incubator floor and other space available for lease on short, flexible terms;
- Multiple graduations into larger space elsewhere on campus or in the city;
- Creation of "dig" (short for design innovation garage), a coworking space owned and operated by the BNMC itself;
- Expansion of the incubator into additional space in two other buildings on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus property;
- Integration of other local activities such as the 43North business plan comeptiton and the Z80 private incubator/investment fund;
- Creation of "Ignite," a program of business development services available to tenants across the campus.
For more information, see the article.