- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Submitted by admin on November 30, 2012 - 8:39pm
Solon Quinn Studios, a high-end film and video production company that is incubating at our supporting member The Tech Garden, is the subject of a profile by the Syracuse Post-Standard. The firm is founded by three partners, each of whom grew up in the region. They went to college at diverse locations including New York City's School of Visual Arts, Syracuse University and SUNY Oswego, and are now producing for corporate and non-profit clients both in Central New York and beyond. The profile is here.
Submitted by admin on November 27, 2012 - 8:45pm
Six startups accounting for 84 jobs and $25 million in investment capital raised were graduated from the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Incubator at RIT (operated in partnership with our supporting member the Venture Creations incubator), according to a blog entry at the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. The six were:
- Exiscan, winner of the 2011 Rochester Regional Business Plan Competition, supplier of a system for safe inspection of high-voltage electrical equipment;
- Opticool Technologies, supplier of ultra-high-efficiency cooling s ystems for data centers;
- Sweetwater Energy, which converts cellulosic plant waste into feedstock for biofuels and biochemicals;
- Thingworx, a platform for networking machines, sensors and industrial equipment;
- Tenrehte, winner of the 2010 Rochester Regional Business Plan Competition, producer of intelligent power-management systems; and
- Vnomics, an RIT spin-out providing on-board performance analyzers for diesel trucks and buses.
Financial Times plugs role of business incubators in cleantech startups like smart-outlet developer ThinkEcoSubmitted by admin on November 16, 2012 - 11:32am
The Financial Times took notice of smart-outlet developer Think Eco and the role played in its growth by NYC ACRE, the NYSERDA-sponsored clean-energy incubator collcoated with our supporting member the NYU-Poly incubator program. The story notes the ability of NYC ACRE to broker a testing arrangement with Con Ed, highlighting an important role played by business incubators in connecting startups with strategic partners. Here is the FT story.
Submitted by admin on November 16, 2012 - 11:18am
The online Chautauqua Star includes a fine profile of Ryan Wolf, an Army veteran whose experience with Department of Defense supercomputers led him to found Silicon Wolves Computing Society, a developer and integrator of high-performance computings systems, now resident at our supporting member the SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator. The profile is here. SWCS has been covered several times previously on our site.
News from our members' blogs
Facebook feeds from our members
Research Network Blog of NYS SBDC
- Jason DiBenedetto and Leo Rentzis of Noble Wood Shavings, NYS SBDC Manufacturer of the Year
- Big push for small businesses
- Kaye Stone-Gansz, Stone Goose Enterprises: NYS SBDC Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
- Employers: ONLY use new Form I-9 for new employee verification
- Roger and Shelley Gray, Center Line Studios: NYS SBDC Phoenix Award winner