- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Submitted by admin on April 28, 2015 - 11:17am
Statewide and regional business plan competitions selected tenants of our member incubators as winners:
- Uma Bioseed, a student startup working with technology in the portfolio of a Cornell spinoff housed at the McGovern Family Center for Venture Development in the Life Sciences, won the $100,000 grand prize in the NYS Business Plan Competition;
- Volu, a student-initiated business at Syracuse University and a tenant of The Tech Garden, won a first place award and $10,000 at the New York State Business Plan Competition.
- Splyce eSports, a videogaming client of RIT's Venture Creations incubator, won first place and $25,000 plus free services in the Rochester Venture Challenge co-managed by RIT and High Tech Rochester.
Submitted by admin on April 28, 2015 - 11:08am
Regional media profiled three clients of Stony Brook University's NYSERDA-supported Clean Energy Business Incubator Program (CEBIP):
- InnovateLI.com covered Brimes Energy, a developer of novel technology to generate electric power from ocean waves;
- The Stony Brook Independent posted two profiles:
McGovern Center bioscience incubator admits Repairogen, skin-repair startup based on Cornell discoverySubmitted by admin on April 28, 2015 - 9:50am
Repairogen, a startup developing a "cosmeceutical cream" aimed at reversing skin damage from UV exposure of the kind that leads to skin cancer, has been admitted as the newest tenant/client at the McGovern Family Center for Venture Development in the Life Sciences, a bioscience incubator at the unviersity's main campus in Ithaca. The technology was licensed from Cornell, based on protein discoveries made by Prof. Pengbo Zhou at Cornell's Weill Medical College in New York City. Repairogen is venture-capital-backed. For more information, please see the university news release. The McGovern Center is hosting and sponsoring our upcoming annual meeting.
Submitted by admin on April 28, 2015 - 9:29am
The latest group of companies approved for the state's tax-free START-UP NY program once again include several firms collocating with our member incubators, several of them inward recruits to the state:
- The Advanced Biotechnology Incubator at SUNY Downstate will host ItechUSA, Inc., which is developing electronic health systems.
- High Tech Rochester's Lennox Tech Enterprise Center will host Temeda, LLC (dba eStork), a software platform connecting health providers to deals on medical supplies; FillShift, LLC, a platform to match shift workers with employer needs; and Dogways, Inc., developing software aimed at pet owners.
- The Baird Research Park at University at Buffalo, which is anchored by the UB Technology Incubator, will host Geocove, Inc., a company moving from Florida, which provides GIS tools; and Natural Energy Systems, a Canadian company that converts organic waste to renewable fuel.