- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
McGovern Center incubator at Cornell's Ithaca campus will help ArcScan relaunch an ophthalmic diagnostic instrument developed at the Weill Medical College in NYCSubmitted by admin on October 30, 2013 - 8:33am
A diagnostic instrument for ophthalmic surgeons developed originally at Cornell's Weill Medical College in New York City will be redesigned and relaunched with the assistance of our member McGovern Family Center for Venture Development, a life sciences incubator at the Ithaca campus.
Cornell's news release describes how ArcScan, a Colorado-based company, will create a new business plan and raise capital for the redesigned system with the help of Lou Walcer, director of the McGovern Center.
Long Island media highlight clients of LIHTI, CEBIP and Calverton incubators at Stony Brook UniversitySubmitted by admin on October 27, 2013 - 6:45pm
Local Long Island media recently highiglithed how startups are drawing critical business support from our member incubator program at Stony Brook University:
- The northshoreoflongisland.com website visited the university's flagship Long Island High Technology Incubator, highlighting Plant Genetic Engineering, a startup aimed at modifying plant genes so they could produce their own fertilizer from nitrogen in the atmosphere, and MetaStat, a developer of cancer therapeutics. The story also touched on the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Business Incubator Program that is collocated with several elements of the Stony Brook incubator system.
- Riverhead patch profiled North Fork Chocolate Company, one of the early successes of the Agriculture Consumer Sciences Center that is now part of Stony Brook's Calverton Incubator. The company recently took its sweets, farmstand soups and artisanal breads, all developed and perfected at the incubator's test kitchen, to the local Tanger outlet mall.
EnergyWise, client of Clean Energy Incubator at RIT's Venture Creations, profiled in Rochester newspaperSubmitted by admin on October 27, 2013 - 6:24pm
EnergyWise Partners, a startup developing a utility model for delivery of energy from geothermal and other renewable sources, was the subject of a profile in the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. EnergyWise is a client of the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Incubator collocated with our member the Venture Creations incubator at Rochester Institute of Technology. For more information, see the story and previous coverage of EnergWise on our own site.
Submitted by admin on October 9, 2013 - 2:40pm