- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Submitted by admin on October 29, 2012 - 9:48am
The new Biosciences Incubator operated by our supporting member the University at Buffalo Office of Science, Technology Transfer and Economic Outreach (STOR) has welcomed the first three tenants to its space on the 5th floor of the new Clinical and Translational Research Center/Gates Vascular Institute at the downtown Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, near where UB will be relocating its medical school over the next decade.
The Biosciences Incubator complements the larger UB Technology Incubator at the university's suburban Amherst campus. Both are now operating at capacity. The new downtown tenants are:
- AccuTheranostics, previously based at the UB Technology Incubator, which is developing personalized cancer treatments;
- AndroBioSys, a spin-off created by two researchers at Roswell Park Cancer Institute, which is developing new ways to detect, image and treat early-stage prostate cancer; and
- Ceno Technologies, a materials science company, which is moving its biological sciences/drug delivery division to the new incubator.
Venture Creations announces partnership for EnergyWise, a thermal-energy developer in NYSERDA Clean Energy Incubator program, and new tenancy by Certifi-Media, developer of large-scale scanning systemsSubmitted by admin on October 15, 2012 - 8:03am
EnergyWise Partners LLC, a client of the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Incubator at our supporting member RIT Venture Creations, will partner with Betlem Residential, an HVAC systems provider long established in the Rochester area.
EnergyWise is developing a "utility" model for thermal energy sources such ground-source heat pumps and solar-thermal systems. For more information see the attached release and EnergyWise's website.
Venture Creations also announced entry into its main incubator of Certifi-Media, Inc., a developer of large-scale scanning systems attracted to RIT because of its expertise in imaging science. For more information, see the attached release.
TexTivia becomes first graduate of SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator, expanding to nearby commercial spaceSubmitted by admin on October 9, 2012 - 8:40am
TexTivia, a social-media marketing firm founded by Chautauqua County entrepreneurs, has become the first startup to graduate from our supporting member the SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator. The company, which has also added three satellite offices in Pennyslvania and North Carolina, now has moved its rapidly growing operations from the incubator to commercial space on the next block of Central Avenue in downtown Dunkirk. For more information, see the university's news release and coverage in the Buffalo News and Buffalo Business First.
Submitted by admin on September 27, 2012 - 7:24pm
Pixable, a social photo-sharing company that was was one of the first widely recognized success stories of NYU-Poly's Varick St. incubator program, was acquired by SingTel for $26.5 million, according to a release by the acquirer and coverage in xconomy and Blooomberg BusinessWeek. See also recognition in the tumblr of New York City Economic Development Corp., which sponsors the Varick St. incubator.
News from our members' blogs
Facebook feeds from our members
- <a href="http://www.facebook.com/photo
- Join us for our 4th annual Solutions Fair on June 4! Solutions Fairs are half-da...
- Hear Kyle Kimball of the NYCEDC talk about NYC's Tech Sector
- Join us for our 4th annual Solutions Fair on June 5! Solutions Fairs are half-da...
- <a href="https://profile-a.xx.fbcdn.net