- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Submitted by admin on September 28, 2014 - 1:11pm
The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle newspaper previews the upcoming graduation of two tenant/clients from RIT's Venture Creations incubator, in a story that also features an excellent interview with director Bill Jones. Among six companies scheduled to graduate are two featured in the article, BlackBox Biometrics and Darkwind Media.
SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator provides U.S. market staging site for Canadian LED/solar firm ProQuipSubmitted by admin on September 15, 2014 - 10:59am
ProQuip International, an Ontario-based design and engineering firm specializing in LED and solar photovoltaic installations, is staging its first U.S. market presence through the SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator in downtown Dunkirk, according to a university news release. The incubator is overseen by the same campus-based Engagement and Economic Development division that supervises the campus START-UP zone.
WATT Fuel Cell, client of NYSERDA-supported CEBIP incubator at Stony Brook, reports $2.1m Army contract to demonstrate new manufacturing system for SOFC componentsSubmitted by admin on September 15, 2014 - 10:45am
WATT Fuel Cell, a client of the NYSERDA-supported Clean Energy Business Incubator Program at our member Stony Brook University, reported a $2.1 million, 20-month contract from the U.S. Army to demonstrate viability of the company's automated manufacturing process for tubular-cell components of solid-oxide fuel-cell (SOFC) systems. The contract comes from the Army's Communications-Electronics R&D Engineering Center (CERDEC). For more, see the company's news release. The firm is based in Port Washington, Long Island.
News from the NYU Poly School of Engineering incubators: new tenants at Varick; fund-raise by Enertiv at ACRE/Urban Future LabSubmitted by admin on September 15, 2014 - 10:37am
September newsletters from the three incubators at our member NYU Poly School of Engineering reported:
- new tenants Avanan, TheScaffold, MiBI and Cognitive ToyBox at the Varick Street facility in Manhattan
- $750,000 fund-raise by Enertiv, a tenant/client at the NYSERDA-supported ACRE incubator at the Urban Future Lab at MetroTech in Brooklyn.