- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Submitted by admin on May 14, 2013 - 3:12pm
Two tenants at our supporting member SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator have launched RocketHub crowdfunding campaigns:
- The Center for Sports Skills Measurement, which operates a network of certified testing centers in several popular sports, is seeking backing for a national testing tour aimed at young athletes; and
- AVtick, a newly admitted company founded by a WNY entrepreneur with speech and hearing disabilities, seeks backing for an iPhone application focused on audio- and voice-based social media and networking.
Submitted by admin on April 10, 2013 - 10:27am
ThinkEco, a company developing energy-saving smart outlets, and a tenant/client of the NYSERDA-sponosred NYC ACRE clean-energy incubator at NYU-Poly, was named 2013 Outstanding Incubator Graduate in the technology category at the internaitonal conference of the National Business Incubation Association. ThinkEco's "Modlet" allows consumers and utilities to monitor electricity usage and provide "demand response" services in the cloud. For more information, please see the attached news release from ThinkEco.
Submitted by admin on April 7, 2013 - 4:38pm
Tactonic Technologies, a developer of multitouch sensors that can reach room size, and a tenant of our member the NY Designs incubator at LaGuardia Community College, was highlighted by the business show Marketplace on public radio. Embedded audio after the break.Read more
Submitted by admin on April 7, 2013 - 4:32pm
searcher.io, a tool designed to help small businesses fight dubious claims from "patent assertion entities" (sometimes known as "patent trolls") was highlighted in Crain's New York Business. The tool is a product of Docracy, a tenant/client of the Brooklyn DUMBO Incubator at our supporting member NYU Poly. Docracy is developing an open-source repository for legal documents and stumbled on the patent-related business as an unexpected opportunity, Crain's reported.
News from our members' blogs
Research Network Blog of NYS SBDC
- As Holiday Shopping Season Gets Underway, FTC Reminds Internet Retailers to Ensure Consumers Have Access to Warranty Informatio?n
- 5 Reasons You Need To Give Away The Recipe For Your Secret Sauce
- America's SBDC Biz Blog Listed as Forbes' "100 Best Websites for Entrepreneurs"
- IRS to Employers: Hire Veterans by Dec. 31 and Save on Taxes
- How to Increase Email Marketing Conversions