- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- Events calendar
News about tenant/clients
News about tenant/clients of BIA/NYS member incubator programs.
Tenant/clients of our members show well in list of companies receiving investments from VC funds backed by the state's Innovate NY FundSubmitted by admin on November 27, 2013 - 9:25pm
Incubator tenants and clients figured prominently in a list of startup companies invested in by venture funds receiving support through the State of New York's Innovate NY Fund, according to a list published by Empire State Development. Among the investee companies closely identified with our member incubators and research parks are:
- Advanced Feed Technologies, a tenant of The Technology Farm, aka the Cornell Agriculture & Food Technology Park, in Geneva;
- First Wave Products, a tenant of the Dr. Bruce A. Holm Upstate MeTtech Commercialization Centre in Batavia;
- Mezmeriz, a tenant of the Cornell University Business & Technology Park in Ithaca;
- StrongArm Technologies, a student-initiated venture that has received services from both the Venture Creations incubator at Rochester Institute of Technology and the Zahn Center at CUNY/City College of New York; and
- The Worldwide App, a tenant of the SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator in Dunkirk.
Members of our association were among the first supporters of innovation to be introduced to the Innovate NY-backed funds back at our 2012 annual meeting in Buffalo.
Submitted by admin on November 14, 2013 - 1:28pm
Four new companies were admitted to residency at the Lennox Tech Enterprise Center, the flagship incubator of our supporting member High Tech Rochester:
- Advis, an advanced sensor company;
- Lucidity Works, developing software for competitive intelligence in the pharmaceutical sector;
- Empire Robotics, a Cornell University spinoff developing a robotic gripper; and
- Localized Therapeutics, developing laser-switchable gene-therapy-based treatments
Submitted by admin on November 14, 2013 - 12:58pm
HEVO Power, a client of the NYSERDA-sponsored NYC ACRE clean-energy incubator operated by NYU-Poly, was one of four regional winners at the Cleantech Open Northeast business-plan contest. The developer of wireless charging stations for electric vehicles took a $20,000 prize and will advance to the $200,000 national competition. For more information, see NYC ACRE's November newsletter, the Cleantech Open news release, and previous coverage of HEVO on our website.
State Senate committee hearings on video gaming and cybersecurity industries focus on our member incubatorsSubmitted by admin on October 30, 2013 - 9:18am
In a series of hearings around the state, the new state Senate Select Committee on Science, Technology, Incubation and Entrepreneurship chaired by Sen. Martin Golden (R,C,I - Brooklyn) is touching several of our member incubators.
In its first set of hearings on the video-game industry, the committee held:
- a downstate session at NYU-Poly — where the panel of witnesses included Micah Kotch, director of our member NYU-Poly's incubator programs;
- an upstate session at Rochester Institute of Technology — where the panel included founders of Darkwind Media, a game-development company founded at our member the Venture Creations incubator at RIT.
Video records of the testimony are available at those links.