- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
News about people in the NYS incubator community
Founder of student-initiated venture at UB Technology Incubator named to Forbes All-Star Student Entrepreneurs listSubmitted by admin on August 9, 2012 - 9:11am
Ansar Khan, a recent grad of the University at Buffalo whose venture Refulgent Software we've mentioned previously as a tenant of our member the UB Technology Incubator, was named to Forbes magazine's exclusive list of 2012 All-Star Student Entrepreneurs.
Refulgent Software's initial product Ambur is a mobile app for point-of-sale management in restaurants, and it was founded while Ansar was a student. It is currently profitable and employs nine programmers and salespeople, of whom eight are UB students or alumni. For more info, see the UB news release. Congrats to Ansar!
Submitted by admin on July 16, 2012 - 9:55am
James Spencer, an entrepreneurial business-development executive who served most recently as associate director at the nationally prominent incubation program at the University of Central Florida, has been named to jointly direct incubator and research-park operations at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI).
According to an RPI news release, he will direct the Emerging Ventures Ecosystem, an acceleration program that is a founding member of BIA/NYS, and also the Rensselaer Technology Park. For more information see also coverage in the Times Union.
We warmly welcome James Spencer to New York State and look forward to introducing his new joint portfolio of activities at RPI to our statewide community of business incubators and research parks!
Pratt Design Incubator singled out by WNET's MetroFocus as an important factor in Brooklyn revitalizationSubmitted by admin on June 8, 2012 - 12:21pm
The role that our member the Pratt Design Incubator plays in the ongoing revitalization of Brooklyn is highlighted by WNET-TV's MetroFocus program. The MetroFocus story notes how the Pratt Institute, its alumni, and energy created by the incubator at the Brooklyn Navy Yard are all helping revitalize the Myrtle Avenue corridor where the Institute's main campus is situated. The story also includes a video produced by WNET's companion program Treasures of New York, featuring several incubator tenants and program director Deb Johnson (video embedded after the break).Read more
Robert Fritzinger of SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator appointed to SUNY patents & inventions boardSubmitted by admin on April 25, 2012 - 9:24pm
Robert Fritzinger, director of our supporting member the SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator and a serial technology entrepreneur, was appointed to the SUNY Patents and Inventions Policy Board at the Research Foundation for SUNY, according to coverage in the Dunkirk Observer. Bob's bio, which describes how he sold one of his Western New York startups to the computer chip-maker Intel, is here. The SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator is a sponsor of our association's annual meeting, as is the Research Foundation.
News from our members' blogs
- Tech Valley High School training event attracts 100 NY educators
- Three Buffalo companies to present at venture forum
- Ten Capital Region Companies Selected to Present in Statewide Venture Forum
- NYS Green Tech Grants!!
- NYSERDA Releases PON 2606 Advanced Buildings
- The Accelerator Triad of Start-up Tools
Facebook feeds from our members
- Join us for our 4th annual Solutions Fair on June 5! Solutions Fairs are half-da...
- Join us the Planning for Successful Transitions and Growth: A Symposium for Clos...
- Check out the amazing designs from incubee Alvara Uribe!
- The internet is a very cost-effective way to help people find you and know why t...
- DYI using sustainable materials
Research Network Blog of NYS SBDC
- Kaye Stone-Gansz, Stone Goose Enterprises: NYS SBDC Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
- Employers: ONLY use new Form I-9 for new employee verification
- Roger and Shelley Gray, Center Line Studios: NYS SBDC Phoenix Award winner
- Weather Expert Offers 2013 Hurricane Season Forecast During SBA/Agility Webinar
- Why I Love the National Internet Sales Tax Plan