- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- Events calendar
News about our members, General association news, News about tenant/clients, News about federal/state policy, People
RIT issues review of Venture Creations incubator: $30m in capital raised, 340 jobs created, and 57 companies housed in the first decadeSubmitted by admin on February 13, 2014 - 11:32am
Our member the Venture Creations incubator at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) has posted a year-in-review, including its cumulative job-creation record in its first decade of development: 57 companies housed, 340 jobs created, and more than $30 million in private capital leveraged.
The document also reports that during 2013 Venture Creations
- was notified by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) that RIT's contract for a Clean Energy Incubator will be extended for an additional four years, carrying substantial support for incubation services aimed at the 10 of 23 tenants that are in the clean energy program;
- joined High Tech Rochester (which is another of our members) and several other regional partners in a successful effort to be designated a NYS Innovation Hot Spot, which carries major tax advantages for participating startups and brings additional state operating support for quality incubation services;
- graduated a range of exciting companies including OptiCool, FluxData, SweetWater Energy, Vnomics, Digsby, and Jorsek.
For more information, see RIT's news release.
Submitted by admin on February 13, 2014 - 11:10am
Crain's story on tissue-engineering startup Modern Meadow highlights role of SUNY Downstate incubation facilities as turning point for biosciences in NYCSubmitted by admin on January 29, 2014 - 7:14pm
SUNY Downstate's newly developed BioBAT and its expanding Advanced Biotechnology Incubator are both highlighted by Crain's New York Business as two of several elements comprising "a turning point for the city's effort to become a leader in biotechnology."
As part of a story on Modern Meadow — a tissue-engineering startup which will produce cultured leather and meats in vitro without having to kill animals — Crain's notes that the company wants space at BioBAT in order to be near NYC's fashion and restaurant communities.
The SUNY Downstate incubator and post-incubation facilities at BioBAT are long-time supporting members of BIA/NYS.
Submitted by admin on January 24, 2014 - 8:51am
Solar Cool Technologies, a client of the NSYERDA-supported Clean Energy Business Incubator Program at Stony Brook University, debuted its solar-powered cooler at the annual International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, according to coverage in Newsday. The company is running an Indiegogo campaign aimed at manufacture in New York State. The company is housed in incubation space at Stony Brook's Advanced Energy Research and Technology Center.