- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
News about our members, General association news, News about tenant/clients, News about federal/state policy, People
New Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator launched by Pratt Institute, operator of the Pratt Design IncubatorSubmitted by admin on October 31, 2013 - 9:24am
Pratt Institute, sponsor of our member the Pratt Design Incubator, has announced a new facility called the Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator (BF+DA), based at the former Pfizer building in Brooklyn being redeveloped by Acumen Partners. At left, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz cuts a ceremonial ribbon, accompanied by state Senator Martin Golden, Pratt president Thomas Schutte, and other elected officials and dignitaries.
Intended to integrate with the Manhattan-based fashion, textile and apparel sectors, and with other design schools in the region and nationwide, the new accelerator will have space for design studios as well as low-run production and prototyping facilities.
For further information, see coverage of the BF+DA in the Wall Street Journal and watch our website for further news of the reconfiguration and expansion of Pratt's incubator programs. That article also mentions our other member incubator with design interests, NY Designs.
State Senate committee hearings on video gaming and cybersecurity industries focus on our member incubatorsSubmitted by admin on October 30, 2013 - 9:18am
In a series of hearings around the state, the new state Senate Select Committee on Science, Technology, Incubation and Entrepreneurship chaired by Sen. Martin Golden (R,C,I - Brooklyn) is touching several of our member incubators.
In its first set of hearings on the video-game industry, the committee held:
- a downstate session at NYU-Poly — where the panel of witnesses included Micah Kotch, director of our member NYU-Poly's incubator programs;
- an upstate session at Rochester Institute of Technology — where the panel included founders of Darkwind Media, a game-development company founded at our member the Venture Creations incubator at RIT.
Video records of the testimony are available at those links.
McGovern Center incubator at Cornell's Ithaca campus will help ArcScan relaunch an ophthalmic diagnostic instrument developed at the Weill Medical College in NYCSubmitted by admin on October 30, 2013 - 8:33am
A diagnostic instrument for ophthalmic surgeons developed originally at Cornell's Weill Medical College in New York City will be redesigned and relaunched with the assistance of our member McGovern Family Center for Venture Development, a life sciences incubator at the Ithaca campus.
Cornell's news release describes how ArcScan, a Colorado-based company, will create a new business plan and raise capital for the redesigned system with the help of Lou Walcer, director of the McGovern Center.
The Street visits the Zahn Center, a hardware incubator at CUNY City College, validating that 'hardware is back' as an investment themeSubmitted by admin on October 27, 2013 - 6:59pm
The short video features Zahn Center director Haytham Elhawary (also a member of the board of directors of our association) explaining how new 3D printing technology has been a game-changer, and how investors are now calling the incubator for referral to deals. Video embedded after the break.Read more
Research Network Blog of NYS SBDC
- Consumers rage against lousy customer service
- Email Marketing Mistakes that Could Cost You Big in 2014
- Attracting Manufacturing Investment in American Communities
- Pinterest For Business: Don't Let Pinterest Pin You To the Wall
- As Holiday Shopping Season Gets Underway, FTC Reminds Internet Retailers to Ensure Consumers Have Access to Warranty Informatio?n