- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
News about our members, General association news, News about tenant/clients, News about federal/state policy, People
Submitted by admin on March 24, 2015 - 5:33pm
The latest two batches of companies approved for the state's tax-free START-UP NY program once again include several firms either collocating with or graduating from our member incubators:
- Locating at the BNMC Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center: Adiabatic Solutions, LLC (a winner of the state-sponsored 43North Buffalo business plan competition); DaStrong Corp.;
- Graduating from RIT Venture Creations incubator and moving into a START-UP zone in downtown Rochester: ClearCove Systems; and Darkwind Media Ltd.
- Locating at Venture Creations: Optel, Inc.
- Locating at Broad Hollow Bioscience Park: Mitogenetics, LLC, and Codagenix, Inc.
- Locating at Stony Brook University's flagship LIHTI incubator: C&M Robotics Co. Ltd.; QB Sonic, Inc.; AJES Life Sciences, LLC; Theragnostic Technologies, Inc.; SyncroPET Inc.
- Locating at Stony Brook's CEWIT incubator: BriteHome, LLC; STS Global Inc.;
Submitted by admin on March 24, 2015 - 5:09pm
Newsweek's "tech and science" section recently visited the Apparel Lab at our member the Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator. The story discusses the role of robotic knitting machines in innovation, quoting BF+DA director Debera Johnson of the Pratt Institute. The machines are analogous to 3D printers, the story notes.
Submitted by admin on March 23, 2015 - 9:45am
Keen Home, an NYU student-initiated startup selling "smart vents" for home heating and cooling systems — and which got early assists from two of our member incubators before entering the R/GA Accelerator — attained one of the largest valuations in the history of ABC's Shark Tank show, according to coverage in Inc. magazine. Ties to our member incubators are indicated in recent newsletters from NYC ACRE and the Zahn Innovation Center.
Submitted by admin on March 23, 2015 - 9:18am
Alexandra Smith, who formerly provideed entrepreneurial support at our member The Technology Farm, reviews some of the incubator's tenant/clients in a recent online newsletter of the Finger Lakes Institute at Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
In her blog entry for the FLI, Alexi reviews tenants including Stony Brook WholeHearted Foods (culinary oils), Cheribundi (fruit juices dervied from tart cherries), and Vintrinsic, a software company serving the Finger Lakes region's winery industry.
Entrepreneurial support of the kind provided at The Technology Farm is financed in part by a Certified Business Incubator grant from the NYSTAR division of Empire State Development. The Technology Farm, known formally as the Cornell Agriculture & Food Technology Park, is across the road from Cornell's Agricultural Experiment Stationi in Geneva, Ontario County. It also participates in the START-UP NY program.