- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
News about our members, General association news, News about tenant/clients, News about federal/state policy, People
Submitted by admin on April 28, 2015 - 9:29am
The latest group of companies approved for the state's tax-free START-UP NY program once again include several firms collocating with our member incubators, several of them inward recruits to the state:
- The Advanced Biotechnology Incubator at SUNY Downstate will host ItechUSA, Inc., which is developing electronic health systems.
- High Tech Rochester's Lennox Tech Enterprise Center will host Temeda, LLC (dba eStork), a software platform connecting health providers to deals on medical supplies; FillShift, LLC, a platform to match shift workers with employer needs; and Dogways, Inc., developing software aimed at pet owners.
- The Baird Research Park at University at Buffalo, which is anchored by the UB Technology Incubator, will host Geocove, Inc., a company moving from Florida, which provides GIS tools; and Natural Energy Systems, a Canadian company that converts organic waste to renewable fuel.
- The Southern Tier High Technology Incubator, currently under development, will temporarily house two companies at the Binghamton University Engineering and Science building: Baceapp Corp., a firm moving from North Carolina, which is developing a software platform to connect commercial building owners to service suppliers; and LightSpin Technologies, Inc., moving from Maryland and Connecticut, which is developing high-performance components based on compound semiconductors.
For more information and the complete list of approvals, see the news release from the office of Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
Submitted by admin on April 24, 2015 - 8:01pm
Submitted by admin on April 16, 2015 - 9:34am
The Southern Tier Startup Alliance, a state-designated, university-affiliated Innovation Hot Spot including five of our member incubators, has taken a separate membership in BIA/NYS in its own right. The BIA/NYS members comprising the Southern Tier Startup Alliance are:
- The Center: Built for Small Business Growth, an incubator in downtown Binghamton
- IncubatorWorks Corning, an incubator managed by the Ceramics Corridors
- The McGovern Family Center for Venture Development in the Life Sciences at Cornell University
- Rev: Ithaca Startup Works, in downtown Ithaca
- The Startup Suites at Binghamton University
We thank all the members for their strong support.
Submitted by admin on March 26, 2015 - 10:28am
Our member The Technology Farm, also known as the Cornell Agriculture and Food Technology Park in Geneva, is searching for new entrepreneurial support staff. Please see attached job description
Looking for the Brain Injury Association of NYS? They're at http://www.bianys.org.