- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
RIT issues review of Venture Creations incubator: $30m in capital raised, 340 jobs created, and 57 companies housed in the first decade
Submitted by admin on February 13, 2014 - 11:32am
Our member the Venture Creations incubator at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) has posted a year-in-review, including its cumulative job-creation record in its first decade of development: 57 companies housed, 340 jobs created, and more than $30 million in private capital leveraged.
The document also reports that during 2013 Venture Creations
- was notified by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) that RIT's contract for a Clean Energy Incubator will be extended for an additional four years, carrying substantial support for incubation services aimed at the 10 of 23 tenants that are in the clean energy program;
- joined High Tech Rochester (which is another of our members) and several other regional partners in a successful effort to be designated a NYS Innovation Hot Spot, which carries major tax advantages for participating startups and brings additional state operating support for quality incubation services;
- graduated a range of exciting companies including OptiCool, FluxData, SweetWater Energy, Vnomics, Digsby, and Jorsek.
For more information, see RIT's news release.