- Find an incubator in NYS
- Coworking space within incubators
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
Ceramics Corridor incubators in WNY and Southern Tier have graduated 30 firms over the last two decades; case study of SCP in latest annual report
Submitted by admin on October 20, 2014 - 9:25am
Over the last two decades, the two-site Ceramics Corridor Innovation Centers (incubator facilities in Alfred and Painted Post) has admitted and graduated 30 businesses, according to the incubators' latest annual report available on the CCIC website. Resident businesses have generated $97 million in employee payroll and employed 90 people on average each year.
The report also features in an interview with Martin Metzger, co-founder of early tenant Silicon Carbide Products (SCP), a manufacturerer of advanced ceramic components for challenging industrial uses. SCP now owns its own 30,000 square-foot manufacturing facility in Horseheads and exports 40% of sales globally. "Without the innovation center, it wouldn't have been possible for us to move here and start our business," Metzger recalls.
Looking for the Brain Injury Association of NYS? They're at http://www.bianys.org.