- Find an incubator in NYS
- Coworking space within incubators
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
BIA/NYS sets Friday, June 10th, for annual meeting in Utica #bianys2016
Submitted by admin on February 22, 2016 - 9:09pm
The Business Incubator Association of New York State, Inc., announces that our 2016 annual meeting will be held on Friday, June 10th, in Utica. This is the first time our annual meeting has been held in the Mohawk Valley economic region.
Our meeting is the singular statewide event where practitioners of innovation & entrepreneurship meet to talk about incubation and related activities, along with critical partners from the government, university, and private sectors.
We are co-hosted this year by our two incubator programs in the Mohawk Valley: thINCubator in Utica, sponsored by Mohawk Valley Community College, and the Griffiss Institute incubator program at the Griffiss Business & Technology Park in Rome, site of the reinvented Air Force base.
Come join us to learn about
- What's happening in incubation across the Mohawk Valley — certified incubators, the regional Innovation Hot Spot, and START-UP NY zones;
- Models being deployed by the community foundation and successful entrepreneurs to support entrepreneurial development and startup formation;
- How startups statewide can work with the Air Force Research Laboratory at Griffiss to develop strategic customers in the Air Force and its prime-contractor supply chain;
- The latest updates from our partners at Empire State Development and the state Senate.
We are pleased to announce that our lunch speaker will be Dr. Danielle Merfeld, a vice president of GE and group director for electronic technology systems at the GE Global Research unit based in Schenectady. Dr. Merfeld is the GE R&D executive working most closely with the new $2 billion power-electronics-packaging line the company is installing in Utica at the Marcy Nanocenter. Dr. Merfeld will speak about opportunities for startup entrepeneurs statewide to serve the innovation needs of GE in this segment, including by hardware or software innovation that opens up new end-use markets for GE.
About half the day is open to the public, with a short business meeting for members only in the afternoon, followed by tours for all of our member incubators. Draft agenda attached below.
We would like to thank our meeting sponsors NYSERDA, the Research Foundation for SUNY, the New York State Economic Develpment Council, Marshall and Sterling Insurance, and Bond, Schoeneck & King, our local members, and UVANY.
The eventbrite form shows the basic fee for attendance, including continental breakfast and a light lunch. Significant discounts are available to BIA/NYS members (ask for the code) and attendees of day-before UVANY event and to NYSERDA contractors.
Looking for the Brain Injury Association of NYS? They're at http://www.bianys.org.