- Find an incubator in NYS
- Coworking space within incubators
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
Zahn Center selects grand prize winners in $150k venture competitions
Submitted by admin on May 19, 2016 - 8:31am
The Zahn Innovation Center at City College of New York (CCNY) announced the selection of four grand prize winners in its annual venture competition focused on the CCNY community. The winners receive an automatic spot in the incubator's summer accelerator program and invitations to commercial accelerators:
- VeriPAD, an app to authenticate medication delivery in developing countries, won the $25,000 Zahn Social Impact Prize and will use the funds to test in Kenya and Lebanon.
- Hybridia, a tool for laparoscopic surgery, won the $25,000 Zahn Technology Prize and will use the funds to test a prototype in NYC hospitals;
- StreetLabs, a technology for monitoring NYC road repair, won the $25,000 Standard Chartered Women+Tech4NYC prize and will use the funds to test in Upper Manhattan with NYC DOT;
- Applied Motions, a wearable that uses biofeedback to increase athletic performance while preventing injury, won the $50,000 Kaylie Connected Devices prize and will use the funds for manufacturing and testing.
Four runners-up also won $5,000 each. For more information, please see the Zahn Center's news release.
Looking for the Brain Injury Association of NYS? They're at http://www.bianys.org.