- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
Mayor Bloomberg dedicates NYU-Poly incubator facilities in Manhattan, welcomes resident entrepreneurs
Submitted by admin on August 31, 2009 - 2:16pm
NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg formally opened the business incubator at 160 Varick St. in Manhattan operated by our supporting member the NYU-Poly incubator program. The mayor also took questions from some of the 27 entrepreneurial companies being served by the incubator program, as well as from the press corps.
This site is currently shared by the core incubator program serving IT, media and financial-services companies, and a separate NYC Accelerator for Clean and Renewable Energy funded by NYSERDA. The New York City Economic Development Corporation made the original connection between NYU-Poly and landlord Trinity Real Estate, and provided $100,000 for startup and fit-out expenses.
The mayor noted that the NYCEDC currently has an RFP open for as many as four additional facilities citywide, with participation by several additional commercial landlords, and backed by $800,000 in additional startup funding from the City. The association expects some of its members to participate in this competition.
The mayor's press release and official video are here.
News from our members' blogs
Research Network Blog of NYS SBDC
- As Holiday Shopping Season Gets Underway, FTC Reminds Internet Retailers to Ensure Consumers Have Access to Warranty Informatio?n
- 5 Reasons You Need To Give Away The Recipe For Your Secret Sauce
- America's SBDC Biz Blog Listed as Forbes' "100 Best Websites for Entrepreneurs"
- IRS to Employers: Hire Veterans by Dec. 31 and Save on Taxes
- How to Increase Email Marketing Conversions