- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
Buffalo News visits facilities run by two of our members: Genesee Economic Development Center and Mancuso Business Development GroupSubmitted by admin on September 27, 2012 - 7:09pm
As part of its coverage of the rapidly growing cluster of yogurt producers in New York State, the business section of the Buffalo News recently visited two facilities in Batavia operated by two of our members:
- The Genesee Valley Agri-Business Park, operated by Genesee Economic Development Center, which is a BIA/NYS member on behalf of its Dr. Bruce Holm MedTech Commercializaiton Centre in Batavia; and
- The Batavia Industrial Center (generally considered the world's first business incubator) and the Masse Place "graduation facility" that is also being developed by our member Mancuso Business Development Group.
For more, see the article.
Digital Rochester GREAT awards honor 5 clients of two area incubators: RIT's Venture Creations/Clean Energy Incubator and HTR/Lennox Tech Enterprise CenterSubmitted by admin on September 16, 2012 - 1:42pm
Five tenant/clients of two of our member incubators in the Rochester were honored by Digital Rochester in the 2012 GREAT Awards.
- OptiCool, a developer of energy-efficient data-center cooling technology, assisted by the NYSERDA Clean Energy Incubator and with its first commercial installation on the RIT campus;
- Vnomics, developer of a sensor-based system to increase fuel efficiency on large trucks, with 4,000 installed systems at 20 customers, also assisted by the NYSERDA Clean Energy Incubator.
- Strong Arm Technologies, a student-initiated venture assisted by Venture Creations and previously covered on this site as winner of multiple business-plan competitions.
Honored at High Tech Rochester's Lennox Tech Enterprise Center were:
- Bitnetix, a provider of voice and data solutions that recently moved to the TEC;
- Koning Corporation, an advanced medical-imaging company resident at the TEC.
Submitted by admin on September 16, 2012 - 1:13pm
Synergy among incubator tenants is the focus of an article on our member The Technology Farm in the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle. The story notes that the Technology Farm's new associates program is seeking to widen the circle of entrepreneurs who know each other beyond those already resident in the building. Based on experience at The Technology Farm, entrepreneurs who regularly cross paths with each other can end up buying from each other, helping each other solve problems, and jointly developing business.
Sited across the street from the Cornell/New York Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva, The Technology Farm is also known as the Cornell Agriculture & Food Technology Park. For more info, see the article here. An announcement of The Technology Farm's associates program is currently on its home page.
Submitted by admin on August 27, 2012 - 2:37pm
Craftistas, a subscription service for do-it-yourself craft kits, took top prize at Demo Day for the Syracuse Student Sandbox, a multi-college student incubator serving Central New York and collocated at our supporting member The Tech Garden in Syracuse. Founder Camille Malkiewicz is a graduate of the Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University. SU is a key member of the multi-college consortium behind the Student Sandbox.
For more information on Craftistas and all the competitors, see news releases from the Syracuse University iSchool and from CenterState CEO, the Tech Garden's parent organization. For student incubators affiliated with our members see this list.