- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- Events calendar
State Senate committee hearings on video gaming and cybersecurity industries focus on our member incubatorsSubmitted by admin on October 30, 2013 - 9:18am
In a series of hearings around the state, the new state Senate Select Committee on Science, Technology, Incubation and Entrepreneurship chaired by Sen. Martin Golden (R,C,I - Brooklyn) is touching several of our member incubators.
In its first set of hearings on the video-game industry, the committee held:
- a downstate session at NYU-Poly — where the panel of witnesses included Micah Kotch, director of our member NYU-Poly's incubator programs;
- an upstate session at Rochester Institute of Technology — where the panel included founders of Darkwind Media, a game-development company founded at our member the Venture Creations incubator at RIT.
Video records of the testimony are available at those links.
McGovern Center incubator at Cornell's Ithaca campus will help ArcScan relaunch an ophthalmic diagnostic instrument developed at the Weill Medical College in NYCSubmitted by admin on October 30, 2013 - 8:33am
A diagnostic instrument for ophthalmic surgeons developed originally at Cornell's Weill Medical College in New York City will be redesigned and relaunched with the assistance of our member McGovern Family Center for Venture Development, a life sciences incubator at the Ithaca campus.
Cornell's news release describes how ArcScan, a Colorado-based company, will create a new business plan and raise capital for the redesigned system with the help of Lou Walcer, director of the McGovern Center.
The Street visits the Zahn Center, a hardware incubator at CUNY City College, validating that 'hardware is back' as an investment themeSubmitted by admin on October 27, 2013 - 6:59pm
The short video features Zahn Center director Haytham Elhawary (also a member of the board of directors of our association) explaining how new 3D printing technology has been a game-changer, and how investors are now calling the incubator for referral to deals. Video embedded after the break.Read more
Long Island media highlight clients of LIHTI, CEBIP and Calverton incubators at Stony Brook UniversitySubmitted by admin on October 27, 2013 - 6:45pm
Local Long Island media recently highiglithed how startups are drawing critical business support from our member incubator program at Stony Brook University:
- The northshoreoflongisland.com website visited the university's flagship Long Island High Technology Incubator, highlighting Plant Genetic Engineering, a startup aimed at modifying plant genes so they could produce their own fertilizer from nitrogen in the atmosphere, and MetaStat, a developer of cancer therapeutics. The story also touched on the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Business Incubator Program that is collocated with several elements of the Stony Brook incubator system.
- Riverhead patch profiled North Fork Chocolate Company, one of the early successes of the Agriculture Consumer Sciences Center that is now part of Stony Brook's Calverton Incubator. The company recently took its sweets, farmstand soups and artisanal breads, all developed and perfected at the incubator's test kitchen, to the local Tanger outlet mall.