- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
Chautauqua Seed Fund invests in Henlie, tenant of SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator and developer of PettyCourtSubmitted by admin on April 29, 2012 - 2:25pm
The Chautauqua (County) Seed Fund has invested $20,000 in Henlie, Inc., a tenant/client of our supporting member the SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator. Henlie is the developer of an online dispute resolution community branded PettyCourt. Petty Court will target market segments including reality TV viewers, social-network members, and online gamers.
The Chautauqua Seed Fund was created by county government specifically to complement the services of the incubator and improve the prospects for private financing of the best-qualified tenants. The $125,000 fund invests between $15,000 and $30,000 in each deal through convertible notes, requiring a 30% equity match by the founders.
Funded by the County of Chautauqua Industrial Development Agency, the Chautauqua Seed Fund is a collaboration of the Fredonia Technology Incubator, County Executive Gregory Edwards, and the Chautauqua Region Industrial Development Corporation. The fund's investment committee comprises local bankers and business/civic leaders as well as the incubator director.
For more information see the attached news release or coverage by WKBW.
Submitted by admin on April 27, 2012 - 3:15pm
Our member the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center (CNY BRC) is searching for an executive director. The CNY BRC is a biotech incubator cofounded by SUNY Upstate Medical University and the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, both in Syracuse. The incubator is currently under construction and due to open later this year. The search is being handled by Sockwell Partners; the job description along with contact information is attached to this post.
Submitted by admin on April 25, 2012 - 9:37pm
In a Business First segment, WKBW visited our supporting member the Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. The segment features BNMC COO, serial entrepreneur, and Innovation Center champion Pat Whalen describing how the lobby pool table encourages tenant interaction and even joint venturing. Text here and video after the break. The Innovation Center is a major sponsor of the association's annual meeting in Buffalo this year.Read more
Robert Fritzinger of SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator appointed to SUNY patents & inventions boardSubmitted by admin on April 25, 2012 - 9:24pm
Robert Fritzinger, director of our supporting member the SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator and a serial technology entrepreneur, was appointed to the SUNY Patents and Inventions Policy Board at the Research Foundation for SUNY, according to coverage in the Dunkirk Observer. Bob's bio, which describes how he sold one of his Western New York startups to the computer chip-maker Intel, is here. The SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator is a sponsor of our association's annual meeting, as is the Research Foundation.
News from our members' blogs
Facebook feeds from our members
- Nice story about the progress at Harrison Place in Lockport, NY http://lockpo...
- Friends and Colleagues Bandwagon is competing in a great Future Energy contest!...
- Bigappsnyc 2013
- There will be LOTS of natural light for Trek's manufacturing operations at Harri...
- NYDesigns + Pratt Institute for Wanted Design NYC
Research Network Blog of NYS SBDC
- Peter DelCotto of The Woodshed, NYS SBDC Veteran Entrepreneur of the Year
- SBA Announces New Initiative with Top Lenders To Help Veterans Become Entrepreneurs
- Jason DiBenedetto and Leo Rentzis of Noble Wood Shavings, NYS SBDC Manufacturer of the Year
- Big push for small businesses
- Kaye Stone-Gansz, Stone Goose Enterprises: NYS SBDC Woman Entrepreneur of the Year