- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2015 - 4:20pm
The incubator programs at NYU's Polytechnic School of Engineering announced that two startups assisted by the NYSERDA-sponsored NYC ACRE incubator were selected for demonstration projects as part of New York State's energy-markets transformation initiative known as Reforming the Energy Vision.
They are Smarter Grid Solutions, which provides network management tools for distributed energy, and Sealed, which allows homeowners to monetize their investments in energy-efficiency upgrades. For more information, see NYU's news release.
In other milestones, NYU also announced the hiring of Pat Sapinsley as director of cleantech initiatives. She will oversee the NYC ACRE incubator and other related initiatives based at Brooklyn's Metro Tech Center.
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2015 - 3:56pm
Brimes Energy, a wave-energy startup client at the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Business Incubator Program at Stony Brook University, was profiled at InnovateLI. The company, founded by a serial entrepreneur, has already received seed funding from angel investors and targets applications including desalination.
A video interview by Long Island Business News with company CEO Ram Maramara is here and also embedded after the break.Read more
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2015 - 3:44pm
The third site, which is situated at the former Schweizer Aircraft building at Elmira-Corning (ELM) Airport Park in Horseheads, will specialize in space for advanced-manufacturing companies. All three sites are now branded under the IncubatorWorks umbrella and participate in the Southern Tier Startup Alliance, the state-designated Innovation Hot Spot, and in START-UP zones certified by the incubators' academic partners.
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2015 - 3:26pm
The Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus announced addition of four new tenants to its new life-science incubator building at 73 High Street. All four leverage the Innovation Center's location at the heart of a rapidly growing medical district and research park:
- Healthcare Hub, a wholesaler of medical supplies, relocated from Tennessee;
- Rehoboth, develping a diagnostic biosensor;
- DeconSure, which is relocating from the United Kingdom, focusing on decontamination and sterilization procedures for hospitals and bioscience manufacturing; and
- Photlitec LLC, a spinoff from the Roswell Park Cancer Institute (also a BNMC resident) that is developing photodynamic cancer therapies.
For more information, see the BNMC news release.
Looking for the Brain Injury Association of NYS? They're at http://www.bianys.org.