- Members only
- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators
- Student incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Events calendar
Long Island media highlight clients of LIHTI, CEBIP and Calverton incubators at Stony Brook UniversitySubmitted by admin on October 27, 2013 - 6:45pm
Local Long Island media recently highiglithed how startups are drawing critical business support from our member incubator program at Stony Brook University:
- The northshoreoflongisland.com website visited the university's flagship Long Island High Technology Incubator, highlighting Plant Genetic Engineering, a startup aimed at modifying plant genes so they could produce their own fertilizer from nitrogen in the atmosphere, and MetaStat, a developer of cancer therapeutics. The story also touched on the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Business Incubator Program that is collocated with several elements of the Stony Brook incubator system.
- Riverhead patch profiled North Fork Chocolate Company, one of the early successes of the Agriculture Consumer Sciences Center that is now part of Stony Brook's Calverton Incubator. The company recently took its sweets, farmstand soups and artisanal breads, all developed and perfected at the incubator's test kitchen, to the local Tanger outlet mall.
EnergyWise, client of Clean Energy Incubator at RIT's Venture Creations, profiled in Rochester newspaperSubmitted by admin on October 27, 2013 - 6:24pm
EnergyWise Partners, a startup developing a utility model for delivery of energy from geothermal and other renewable sources, was the subject of a profile in the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. EnergyWise is a client of the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Incubator collocated with our member the Venture Creations incubator at Rochester Institute of Technology. For more information, see the story and previous coverage of EnergWise on our own site.
Submitted by admin on October 9, 2013 - 2:40pm
NYS Comptroller visits RIT's Venture Creations and Vnomics, a graduate of its Clean Energy Business IncubatorSubmitted by admin on October 8, 2013 - 1:27pm
NYS Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli toured our member the Venture Creations business incubator at Rochester Institute of Technology, as part of his statewide tour eplxaining the state pension fund's in-state private equity investment program. The comptroller also visited Pittsford-based Vnomics, a graduate of the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Business Incubator collcoated with and co-managed by Venture Creations. Vnomics is currently at 57 employees with plans to grow to 200 in the next five years.
News from our members' blogs
Research Network Blog of NYS SBDC
- 5 Reasons You Need To Give Away The Recipe For Your Secret Sauce
- America's SBDC Biz Blog Listed as Forbes' "100 Best Websites for Entrepreneurs"
- IRS to Employers: Hire Veterans by Dec. 31 and Save on Taxes
- How to Increase Email Marketing Conversions
- Top 10 Mistakes for Businesses To Avoid When Dealing With a Disaster