- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, and Niagara counties
Submitted by admin on July 27, 2015 - 8:14am
Among the 12 companies approved most recently for the START-UP NY tax-free zones, five will collocate with our member incubators:
- At the Thomas Beecher Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC):
- Bodhi Seven Corporation, an online marketplace
- At the Varick Street incubator operated by NYU's Polytechnic Schol of Engineering:
- Avanan Inc., a cloud security developer
- Geometric Intelligence, an artificial intelligence company
- At the SUNY Downstate Advanced Biotechnology Incubator:
- Urgent Consult Inc., a cloud-based platform for medical referrals
- At the Long Island High Technology Incubator, flagship of the Stony Brook University incubator program:
- PhD Skin Care, LLC, a dermatology R&D company relocating from California
For more information, see the news release from Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office.
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2015 - 3:44pm
The third site, which is situated at the former Schweizer Aircraft building at Elmira-Corning (ELM) Airport Park in Horseheads, will specialize in space for advanced-manufacturing companies. All three sites are now branded under the IncubatorWorks umbrella and participate in the Southern Tier Startup Alliance, the state-designated Innovation Hot Spot, and in START-UP zones certified by the incubators' academic partners.
Submitted by admin on July 12, 2015 - 3:26pm
The Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus announced addition of four new tenants to its new life-science incubator building at 73 High Street. All four leverage the Innovation Center's location at the heart of a rapidly growing medical district and research park:
- Healthcare Hub, a wholesaler of medical supplies, relocated from Tennessee;
- Rehoboth, develping a diagnostic biosensor;
- DeconSure, which is relocating from the United Kingdom, focusing on decontamination and sterilization procedures for hospitals and bioscience manufacturing; and
- Photlitec LLC, a spinoff from the Roswell Park Cancer Institute (also a BNMC resident) that is developing photodynamic cancer therapies.
For more information, see the BNMC news release.
Submitted by admin on June 29, 2015 - 9:47am
Attached is a program brochure from one of our most recent members, the Small Business Incubator program at the Seneca Nation Center for Business Growth.
Looking for the Brain Injury Association of NYS? They're at http://www.bianys.org.