- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- Events calendar
Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, and Niagara counties
Buffalo News recognizes role of UB incubators and the BNMC in growing cluster of biomedical startupsSubmitted by admin on January 28, 2015 - 7:55am
In a survey of Buffalo's growing cluster of bioscience startups — as many as 275 at all stages of development in life scieces, biotechnology and medical technology — The Buffalo News recognizes several especially promising companies, several of which are tenant/clients of our supporting member SUNY's University at Buffalo:
- Currently at the UB Technology Incubator: AccuTheranostics and Nupur Technologies
- Set shortly to move into the UB Biosciences Incubator: Sinapis Pharma
Nearly all the other companies on the News's list are situated in institutional buildings or standalone commercial structures on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC), a rapidly growing downtown research park, which is also one of our members, on behalf of its Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center. The Innovation Center incubator was recognized as home to Everon Technologies.
The full article is here.
Submitted by admin on January 25, 2015 - 4:29pm
The University at Buffalo Technology Incubator, one of the state's longest-standing and most successful incubator programs, will add a new 1,400-square-foot coworking space dubbed tenX. The UB Technology Incubator joins a growing number of our member incubators that operate or house a co-working space as part of a broader, fully developed business-incubation program. More media coverage in Buffalo Business First here.
Submitted by admin on December 31, 2014 - 1:53pm
The last batch of companies approved during 2014 for tax-free status under the state's START-UP NY program again includes several growing, expanding, and relocating companies that will collocate with our member incubators. Several approved campus-based START-UP NY Zones include space inside incubator buildings. You can search our member database by this or other important attributes here. According to the latest announcement from Governor Cuomo, companies approved for tax-free status while residing at our member incubators include:
- Gradfly, Inc., which offers a platform for STEM students to showcase their work for schools and employers, to the Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. Gradfly is also benefiting from a loan from the Seed Capital Accelerator program operated by BNMC in conjunction with First Niagara bank;
- Illuminating Diagnostics, LLC, developing rapid diagnostics for hospital-acquired infections, to SUNY University at Buffalo's downtown Biosciences Incubator;
- Nuenz, Inc., producing advanced materials, to the UB Technology Incubator at Baird Research Park in Amherst;
- FlightPartner, providing software as a service to air-charter transportation, to the CEWIT Incubator at Stony Brook University's Incubator Programs;
- UTS, LLC, developer of an ultracapacitor-based energy storage system for electric and hybid vehicles, to the AERTC Advanced Energy Incubator at Stony Brook's Incubator Programs;
- ProGen Life Sciences, developing diagnostic biomarkers, to Stony Brook's flagship incubator, the Long Island High Technology Incubator (LIHTI);
- Zuznow USA, Inc., an Israeli company developing a mobile-adaptation system for Web-based enterprise applications, to the CEWIT Incubator;
- NomoCan Pharmaceuticals, LLC, developer of cancer diagnostics, to the SUNY Downstate Advanced Biotechnolgoy Incubator.
Latest group of START-UP NY approvals includes several companies collocating with our member incubatorsSubmitted by admin on November 15, 2014 - 1:39pm
The latest batch of companies approved for tax-free status under the state's START-UP NY program includes several that will collocate with our member incubators. Several approved campus-based START-UP NY Zones include space inside incubator buildings. You can search our member database by this or other important attributes here. According to the latest announcement from Empire State Development, growing companies approved for tax-free status while residing at our member incubators include:
- You First Services Inc., to locate new jobs at the UB Technology Incubator in Baird Research Park;
- ZeptoMetrix Corporation, to locate new jobs at the Innovation Center Annex at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
- EHR Console, Inc.; Innovimune Biotherapeutics Holdings, LLC; and CMP Scientific Corp., all to locate new jobs at the SUNY Downstate Advanced Biotechnology Incubator;
- PharmAdva, LLC, to locate new jobs at the Lennox Tech Enterprise Center of High Tech Rochester, which is an affiliate of the University of Rochester (see also HTR's news release);
- Saniteq, to locate new jobs at the Advanced Energy Research and Technology Center which also houses companies in the Stony Brook Incubator Programs.
The news release does not specify physical location in every case, and it is possible that the number of collocations is actually higher than this.
We are proud of the role that our member incubators are playing in providing space and university connectivity to growing companies approved under the START-UP NY program.