- Find an incubator in NYS
- Clean energy incubators and pre-incubators
- Student incubators
- Coworking space within incubators
- Seed stage investment funds in NYS
- Angel investor groups in NYS
- Research parks in NYS
- SUNY Incubators Fact Sheet
- Small-business resources on 'New York First' economic-development portal
- NYS handbooks for entrepreneurs
- Upstate NY Resources
- NYS START-UP NY tax-free zones
- Events calendar
Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, and Niagara counties
Submitted by admin on June 29, 2015 - 9:47am
Attached is a program brochure from one of our most recent members, the Small Business Incubator program at the Seneca Nation Center for Business Growth.
Submitted by admin on June 8, 2015 - 9:37am
As in every previous round, the latest batch of companies approved by Empire State Development for tax-free status under the state's START-UP NY program includes several located at our member incubator facilities. Among the 11 companies identified as START-UP approved in a news release from Gov. Andrew Cuomo are:
- To the Baird Research Park anchored by the University at Buffalo UB Technology Incubator
- KeepTruckin, Inc., a California company expanding to NYS to develop a mobile application for fleet management
- To the Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
- Rapt-it, LLC, a startup in home decorating technology
- GlucoGuide U.S. Corp., a Canadian company expanding to NYS to develop a smart phone interface for health insurers, corporate wellness groups and individuals
- To the SUNY Downstate Advanced Biotechnology Incubator
- Celmatix, Inc., an existing NYS company focused on predictive analytics for treatment of infertility
- To SUNY Downstate's companion BioBAT expansion facility:
- IRX Therapeutics, an existing NYS company developing cancer therapeutics
For more background on the startups at UB, including at facilities other than our member incubators, see the UB news release.
Submitted by admin on May 31, 2015 - 12:21pm
The Seneca Nation of Indians Center for Business Growth/Small Business Incubator has joined BIA/NYS as our newest member. The incubator is a program of the Seneca Nation's Department of Community Planning and Development, and is based at the Nation's offices in Irving, on the Cattaraugus Reservation, spanning the New York State Thruway.
According to its website, the Seneca Nation is "the largest of six Native American nations comprising the Haudenosaunee or Iroquois Confederacy or Six Nations, a democratic government that pre-dates the United States Constitution." The Seneca Nation claims 8,000 enrolled members and is the fifth-largest employer in Western New York through a variety of tribal business enterprises.
We look forward to bringing you more news of this program in coming months and warmly welcome the Seneca Nation Small Business Incubator to membership.
Submitted by admin on May 24, 2015 - 2:20pm
The Thomas Beecher Jr. Innovation Center at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus announced acceptance of six new tenants, spanning a range from startups to existing business-service providers focusing on the region's growth economy:
- Buffalo Rising, Inc., a nationally noted "hyperlocal" news site with 3 million annual visitors;
- Campagnolo Bonk PLLC, a CPA firm with a special focus on healthcare providers;
- Pitch + Pivot LLC, a sales and marketing firm;
- theBREWROOM, a digital marketing firm that entered the incubator after being a member of the dig coworking space (see further below);
- The Synergy Group, a consulting firm specializing in work/life strategy;
- Triple Track HR Partners, an HR consulting firm.
For more information, please see attached news release.
- 75 resident startups in a traditional incubator floor and other space available for lease on short, flexible terms;
- Multiple graduations into larger space elsewhere on campus or in the city;
- Creation of "dig" (short for design innovation garage), a coworking space owned and operated by the BNMC itself;
- Expansion of the incubator into additional space in two other buildings on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus property;
- Integration of other local activities such as the 43North business plan comeptiton and the Z80 private incubator/investment fund;
- Creation of "Ignite," a program of business development services available to tenants across the campus.
For more information, see the article.
Looking for the Brain Injury Association of NYS? They're at http://www.bianys