Our supporting member the Tech Garden and its NYSERDA-sponsored Cleantech Center clean-energy incubator have announced the entry of a new set of tenants and other clients. A new anchor tenant is the New York Business Development Corporation, a private non-profit, non-bank lender that works through a consortium of 127 banks to provide loans to small-businesses, including those at startup and early stage. Details on other new entrants after the break.
New Tech Garden tenants:
- AppFury, LLC: an iPhone application developer specializing in location-based software;
- Beeline.com: a human resource software developer;
- CaneFields USA: a start-up that is developing the North American market for paper from fiber recovered from sugarcane waste;
- Emerson: developing software and offering interactive services for professionals in the high-performance, energy-efficient building sciences;
- Haledyne: developer of an energy-efficient technology for eradication or airborne germs (see earlier story).
- New York Business Development Corporation: see above;
- Professional Tradesmen, Inc. (PTI): a provider of cabling and installer of IP surveillance cameras;
- ProZ.com: a software developer with a website serving more than 16,000 paying members of the global translation community;
- Quentures: a software developer of iPhone social applications, currently in beta-testing; and
- Schwartz Heslin Group, Inc. (SHG): a provider of strategic, financial and M&A advisory services to small and mid-market corporate clients. The Tech Garden will be SHGâs headquarters for a recently launched high tech practice.
New Cleantech Center incubator-portfolio companies:
- BioChar Heating: an early-stage company commercializing biochar pyrolosis furnaces for customers with organic waste streams;
- Dense Power: a developer of solid-state power controller products for Smart Grid and DC MicroGrid systems;
- Emerson (see above);
- Cortland Research LLC: an engineering firm developing a user-friendly wireless interface device that can access and analyze energy-efficiency data in for residential, commercial and industrial customers; and
- Haledyne (see above).