The Business Incubator Association of NYS (BIA/NYS) congratulates the organizers of and participants in the 2012 Venture Forum, which immediately preceded our own annual meeting in Buffalo. Here are some relevant stats on the showing of incubator tenant/clients in this highly competitive, prescreened event:
Of the 18 firms selcted to make full 10-minute pitches, six were tenants or offsite clients of our member incubators:
- Graphene Devices, developing advanced materials for energy storage and other applications, was an offsite client of the NYSERDA-sponsored Directed Energy incubation program collocated with our supporting member the UB Technology Incubator.
- MyMuzik, developing a touch-screen digital music stand, is a tenant of our supporting member the Syracuse Tech Garden;
- Ladybug Teknologies, developing an advertising and vending kiosk for the hospitality industry that integrates a breathalyzer to discourage drunken driving, is a tenant of the UB Technology Incubator (previous coverage here);
- Strong Arm Technologies, developing an ergonomic work vest for the materials-handling industry, was started in the student incubator collocated with our supporting member RIT Venture Creations (previous coverage here);
- Thermal Gradient, developing a rapid DNA diagnostics platform, is a tenant of the Rochester BioVenture Center operated by our supporting member High Tech Rochester;
- Top Quality Hay Producers, developing a system to harvest and dry forage material regardless of weather, is a tenant of The Technology Farm (the Cornell Agriculture & Food Tech Park).
Of the 14 firms selected to make 1-minute elevator pitches, one was a tenant/client:
- Silicon Wolves Computing Society is a tenant of our supporting member the SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator (previous coverage here).
Of the remaining 18 additional investment opportunities highlighted in the program, one was a tenant/client: