Six startups accounting for 84 jobs and $25 million in investment capital raised were graduated from the NYSERDA-sponsored Clean Energy Incubator at RIT (operated in partnership with our supporting member the Venture Creations incubator), according to a blog entry at the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. The six were:
- Exiscan, winner of the 2011 Rochester Regional Business Plan Competition, supplier of a system for safe inspection of high-voltage electrical equipment;
- Opticool Technologies, supplier of ultra-high-efficiency cooling s ystems for data centers;
- Sweetwater Energy, which converts cellulosic plant waste into feedstock for biofuels and biochemicals;
- Thingworx, a platform for networking machines, sensors and industrial equipment;
- Tenrehte, winner of the 2010 Rochester Regional Business Plan Competition, producer of intelligent power-management systems; and
- Vnomics, an RIT spin-out providing on-board performance analyzers for diesel trucks and buses.