Incubator tenants and clients figured prominently in a list of startup companies invested in by venture funds receiving support through the State of New York’s Innovate NY Fund, according to a list published by Empire State Development. Among the investee companies closely identified with our member incubators and research parks are:
- Advanced Feed Technologies, a tenant of The Technology Farm, aka the Cornell Agriculture & Food Technology Park, in Geneva;
- First Wave Products, a tenant of the Dr. Bruce A. Holm Upstate MeTtech Commercialization Centre in Batavia;
- Mezmeriz, a tenant of the Cornell University Business & Technology Park in Ithaca;
- StrongArm Technologies, a student-initiated venture that has received services from both the Venture Creations incubator at Rochester Institute of Technology and the Zahn Center at CUNY/City College of New York; and
- The Worldwide App, a tenant of the SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator in Dunkirk.
Members of our association were among the first supporters of innovation to be introduced to the Innovate NY-backed funds back at our 2012 annual meeting in Buffalo.