The Venture Creations incubator at Rochester Institute of Technology held a group graduation ceremony, attended by U.S. Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-25th District). The ceremony honored the rapid growth of five companies that are now considered graduates of the RIT incubation program:
- All Access LLC, a business-directory app, established 2012 and now employing 3 full time and 3 part-time;
- BlackBox Biometrix, making blast-detection sensors for military and law-enforcement uses, established 2011 and now employing 23, 15 of them RIT graduates;
- ClearCove Systems, with a new system for municipal wastewater, which has grown to 15 employees since entering the incubator in 2013;
- Darkwind Media, a video game maker, founded 2007 and currently with 14 employees;
- ThirtySix Software, with software to streamline office documents, founded 2009, currently 6 employees.
All Access and BlackBox have also employed RIT students as “co-ops” who receive paid internships under academic supervision for credit.