Graduations, funding rounds and acquisitions are the focus of a 2014 review of incubator operations released by NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering. The news release highlights the following developments at all three incubator sites (Varick Street, DUMBO, and the Urban Future Lab at MetroTech Center, which houses the NYC ACRE incubator):
- $87.7 million in company revenue at both resident and graduated companies;
- acquisitions of TapCommerce (by Twitter) and FileMobile (by Newzulu), bringing the number of acquisitions to eight;
- graduations of CourseHorse, Vettery, Two Lines and a Dot, and KISI;
- rapid growth by 2013 graduate Bounce Exchange, which now rents 30,000 square feet in Times Square; and
- funds coming to incubator companies from competitions, crowd-funding campaigns, and the federal SBIR program.
The full report is here.